Client Name :BMW, Mini, Rolls Royce
Location :Leipzig, Oxford, Goodwood
From :May 2012
To :October 2013
Project via :Darev, Centre4Testing
Consultant :Alex Kouwenhoven
ProjectsDuring my time at BMW group, I performed the following projects in Oxford (UK), Goodwood (UK), Swindon (UK), Hams Hall (UK) and Leipzig, (GER):
- Testmanager TEK (External Components), Testing of the end-to-end process “Injection Molding” of plastic/CFK body parts (Body Panels i03, Bumpers, M-Sport) via Paint Street, Pre-assembly, warehouse SAP JIS/JIT, supermarket, Logistics to vehicle assembly hall.
- Testmanager End to end Emulation Test and Go-live / Startup Manager (Inbetriebnahme) “Body in White” (SPS / PLC’s, M2M Communication, IPS-L PPE / IPS-T / IPS-Q / PPZ) – new Hall with robots delivered for the 1-series GT (LU45/LU46 Active Tourer/Grand Tourer).
- Testmanager of a new next generation system for Bodywork, Paint and Assembly Defects and Rework Activities found during production of all BMW models for 8 worldwide plants in German and English. (America, South Africa, China, Germany and UK). Managing the preparation and execution of the Integration test in Leipzig by testers from 8 worldwide BMW plants and actively participating in Go-Live and cutover.
- Giving independent test advice, creating test strategy / test concept and testing best practices (demonstrations) for multiple systems like Logistics (SAP STARD, IPS-L), Assembly (LIS/GPI, NAS, Andon), Quality (FMS, IPS-Q) and HR (SAP R3, eHR and SBP, SAP Support packs) for BMW & Mini & Rolls Royce plants at Goodwood, Hams Hall, Oxford & Swindon.
- Test Manager making sure all IT systems (mentioned above) and end-to-end business processes like new “Body in White (PLC’s PPE/PPZ)”, “Paintshop”, “Logistics” and “Assembly” are ready for production of a new Mini-model (LU56)